What’s on this month
Here’s what’s on between now and Christmas. Don’t forget that bookings close 2-3 days before the event so organisers can make sure they have enough instructors.
|November Showjumping Branch Competition – 20/11/21||Hafod – Trefnant||20/11/2021 09:00||Register|
|Mounted Games Training – Branch – 21/11/21||Tyddyn Farm||21/11/2021 10:00||Register|
|Working rally for under 10 years -21/11/21||Hafod – Trefnant||21/11/2021 10:30||Register|
|Flat Work Rally – Llanasa – 22/11/21||Northop Equestrian Centre||22/11/2021 18:00||Register|
|Older Members Working Rally – Llandyrnog – 23/11/21||Hafod – Trefnant||23/11/2021 18:30||Register|
|Llysfaen – Working Rally – 24/11/21||EquiTi Ty Isaf||24/11/2021 17:00||Register|
|WL Show Jumping training – 25/11/21||EquiTi Ty Isaf||25/11/2021 17:00||Register|
|Dressage – individual or shared lessons – 27/11/21||Fferm||27/11/2021 10:00||Register|
|Working Rally for all Abilities – Llandyrnog – 27/11/21||Hafod – Trefnant||27/11/2021 10:30||Register|
|Mounted Games Training – Branch – 28/11/21||Tyddyn Farm||28/11/2021 10:00||Register|
|Llysfaen – Working Rally – 01/12/21||EquiTi Ty Isaf||01/12/2021 17:00||Register|
|WL Show Jumping training – 03/12/21||Hafod – Trefnant||03/12/2021 17:30||Register|
|Mounted Games Training – Branch – 05/12/21||Tyddyn Farm||05/12/2021 10:00||Register|
|Christmas Jumper Rally – Llanasa – 06/12/21||Northop Equestrian Centre||06/12/2021 18:00||Register|
|Llysfaen – Working Rally – 08/12/21||EquiTi Ty Isaf||08/12/2021 17:00||Register|
|WL Show Jumping training – 09/12/21||EquiTi Ty Isaf||09/12/2021 17:00||Register|
|Dressage – individual or shared lessons -11/12/21||Fferm||11/12/2021 10:00||Register|
|Working Rally for all Abilities – Llandyrnog – 11/12/21||Ystrad||11/12/2021 10:30||Register|
|Mounted Games Training – Branch – 12/12/21||Tyddyn Farm||12/12/2021 10:00||Register|
|Older Members Working Rally – Llandyrnog – 14/12/21||Hafod – Trefnant||14/12/2021 18:30||Register|
|Mounted Games Training – Branch – 19/12/21||Tyddyn Farm||19/12/2021 10:00||Register|
|Christmas Tinsel SJ Rally – 19/12/21||Hafod – Trefnant||19/12/2021 10:30||Register|
Winter League Dressage Competition
Sunday 21st November 2021 at Northop. Closing date for entries is Wednesday 17th November. See attached schedule and rules:
Branch Showjumping Competition/Training Show
Saturday 20th November at Hafod. There is a class for everyone, starting from cross poles. Please pay via the website under Bookings (link above). Limited spaces available. Times will be sent out Thursday evening.
- Class 1 – 40cm assisted/lead rein
- Class 2 – 40cm
- Class 3 – 50cm
- Class 4 – 60cm
- Class 5 – 70cm
- Class 6 – 80cm
- Class 7 – 90cm
- Class 8 – 1m
Flint & Denbigh Winter League Show Jumping Competition
Flint and Denbigh Hunt Branch Winter League competition held at Maelor November 28th. Please get your entries in by November 24th. Please email me with child’s name, pony’s name and what class you’ve entered once you have paid.
There is training held at Maelor, Thursday 25th. Priority will be given to the riders competing at the Winter League Competition on the 28th November.
Volunteers needed to help out. Please could members and parents let Bethan know if they could help out on the day to steward or put up poles, for a half day or full day please (07887 722583).
Arena Eventing Competition
Arena Eventing Competition at Kelsall 27th November. Schedule attached.
November 28th and December 12th at Hafod Equestrian Centre, Trefnant, at 5pm. Cost £15 each. Contact Meg ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You do not have to be aiming at the test but ideally should have your C+.
Intro to Coaching Step 1 (Young Instructors Course)
Delivered via Zoom and a practical session. You must attend both sessions to complete the course
- THEORY – ZOOM – Thursday 25th November 2021 6PM – 8.30PM
- PRACTICAL – Hafod Equestrian Arena (behind Hafod Y Green Care Home) LL16 4UN – Saturday 27th November 2021, 1pm until 4.30pm
- Cost. £55 including A5 Coaching log book
- ENSURE YOU COME DRESSED SMARTLY AS YOU WILL BE COACHING A GROUP.
- Please bring a packed lunch.
Who is this course for?
- Pony Club Members aged 16 years or older who are enthusiastic to teach at D/D+ level. Must hold minimum C test. C+ test is preferable
- Past Members, supporters or parents over 25 years who have sound horse knowledge and are enthusiastic to teach at D/D+ level
- Pony Club coaches at any level who want to refresh their ideas or check they are in line with best practice
- These courses develop participants through discussion, group work and most importantly, activity. All participants will have the opportunity to teach.
- The atmosphere is fun, friendly, welcoming and supportive. The emphasis is on drawing together the wide range of experiences that tutors and participants bring and making those experiences available to everyone.
- This course focuses on the basic skills needed to begin coaching, including planning riding and horse care sessions and the values underpinning Pony Club coaching.
Please fill in the attached form and return before Friday 19th November 2021.
Places are limited to 12 participants. Waitlist will be held – email@example.com
United Pack Dressage Competition
22nd December at Berriewood Farm, Condover. Download schedule and enter on the Horse Monkey website.
Monday 20th December 2021, 7.30pm to 11.30pm, at The Pavilion, Chester Racecourse. £30 per ticket. For Ages 11-16, ATTENDING HIGH SCHOOL. Request. tickets using the Google form.
Winter League Results – Sunday 14 November – Southview
There’s nothing like waking up to a cold and foggy morning, but the day got brighter and the children certainly enjoyed the team cheer.
60cm WL League Results
- Team Red 2nd Place –Poppy Miller, Summer Bellis, Joshua Parry Jones and Elsie Lynch
- Team Black 5th place – Catherine Smith-Edwards, Macsen Newton, Summer and Lleucu Newton
- Individually, Elsie was 2nd and Poppy 5th
80 cm WL Class Results
- Team Red 4th place – Isobel Miller, Constance Wright, Amber Bellis and Iri Davies. Mia Hughes also rode on a mixed team.
80 cm Springboard Results
- We saw some lovely rounds in this class with Iri Davies taking 5th place and qualifying
- Mixed team 6th place – Eben Davies and Millie McLardie
- Individual Mille took 2nd place
90cm Springboard Results
- Thomas Hogan – 3rd individually
- Sophia Hogan – 5th individually, both qualifying
1 Meter results
- Thomas Hogan – 1st individually
- Sophia Hogan – 4th individually
Some impressive results across the board. A huge well done to all the children taking part.