What’s on this fortnight
|Thurs 19th Sep||SJ Training||£10 per rider Please contact Bethan Edwards to Book In (firstname.lastname@example.org)||6.00 – 8.00 pm||Equiti. Rhuallt|
|Sat 21st & Sun 22nd Sep||Llandyrnog||Hunter Trials & Tetrathlon||Plas Dolben|
|Mon 23rd Sep||Llanasa||Flat Rally £10 (max 4 per group) Please contact Jude to Book In (email@example.com)||6.00 – 8.00 pm||Coleg Cambria Northop|
|Wed 25th Sep||Llysfaen||Working Rally £10 4 in a group. Please contact Aloma to Book In (firstname.lastname@example.org)||6.00 – 8.00 pm||Equiti. Rhuallt|
|Thurs 26th Sep||XC Training||Beginners 50 cms and also 80 cms group. £5 Please email Iona (email@example.com) to Book In||Beg @ 5.30 pm and 80 cms @ 6.30 pm||Plas Dolben|
|Thurs 26th Sep||SJ Training||£10 per rider Please contact Bethan Edwards to Book In (firstname.lastname@example.org)||6.00 – 8.00 pm||Equiti. Rhuallt|
|Sat 28th Sep||CHN||Beginners One Day Event. Cheshire Hunt North Branch||Smallwood|
|Sun 29th Sep||Branch||****New date: 6th October**** Hound Exercise. Please contact Bethan DC (email@example.com)||Perthewig|
New Fixture List – September to January
The new Fixture List for events at the Flint & Denbigh Hunt Branch of the Pony Club Sep – Jan is now available on the website. Lots going on for you to enjoy. Please “Book In” in plenty of time. Payments for some events will be online but please email the organiser to “Book In” before making a payment.
Hound Exercise and Fun Ride
We have had to change the date for the hound exercise to Sunday, 6th October at Pethewig, Trefnant. Starting at 10 am. Suitable for lead reins, just off lead rein and novice riders. Please bring a picnic. It is also hoped that there will be a tiny tots ride at the Pootle and scootle being held at Mostyn and Plas Yn Cwm.
Every Wednesday evening. A few younger riders (just off lead rein and above) were hoping for a rally at 5pm at Equiti. If anyone has any interest to join the group please contact Aloma (07802 342561) as soon as possible so she can arrange. Thank you.
Cross Country Technique Training – Somerford Park
Attached find details of two XC Technique training sessions with Richard Carruthers (30th November) and Tyler Cassells (12th January). Both sessions will be on the all weather surface.
Online entry is open. Sun is forecast, entries close Thursday: https://www.wheeltonpc.org.uk/events/triathlon/
Area 5 Winter League and PC Winter Series Show Jumping Competition
Sunday 6th October at Somerford Park Farm, Holmes Chapel Road, Somerford CW12 4SW.
*Arena 2 9.30 a.m. start
- Class 1A*: Starters – 9 years and under. 1st round max. 60cm
- Class 1B*: Minis – 11 years and under. 1st round max. 70cm
- Class 2*: Novice – any age. 1st round max. 80cm
- Class 3**: Winter Series Debut – any age. Max height 80cm
*Arena 1 9.30 a.m. start
- Class 4*: Intermediate: any age. 1st round max. 90cm
- Class 5**: Winter Series League Qualifier – any age. 1st round max. 90cm
- Class 6*: Open – any age. 1st round max. 100cm
- Class 7: Advanced: any age. 1st round max. 105cm
Please note that all entries (whether Individual or Team) must be received by SATURDAY 29th SEPTEMBER 2019 to be sure of acceptance. However, Team nominations/allocations need not be notified until MONDAY 1st OCTOBER.
Please note this is effectively two competitions in one.
- The Area 5 Winter League Competition for which the Rules were amended in May 2018 and maybe further amended at the Area 5 DC’s meeting on the 19th September. A copy of the proposed amended rules is attached for ease of reference. The classes are changed from previous years and, as last year, there is a WL points competition for Individuals.
- The Pony Club Winter Series Competition replaces the former Dengie Competition and a copy of the 2019/20 Rules is attached.
Please encourage your members to submit their entries as soon as possible.
Notes re: East Cheshire Competition
- The times and order of classes may change to most effectively accommodate the number of entries per class.
- In the first round the whole team will jump in succession. In the second round the team members will jump one at a time, one from each team, in the order they jumped in the first round sequentially – rule 7.7 & 7.9.2.
- Classes 5 & 7 will be Two-phase – first phase 7 to 9 obstacles not against the clock but with a maximum time allowed; clear rounds – continue straight onto the second phase without a bell being rung. Second phase 4 to 6 obstacles and timed. Competitors placed on faults and 2nd round time;
- The organisers may opt to run Class 3 (WS Debut) as a two-phase competition (as above) dependent on entry numbers.
- The competition will take place on a prepared surface.