Flint and Denbigh Hunt Branch Pony Club
Tuesday 6th December 2011 … 7-9pm
- Please come along to pick up your FREE Pony Club Annual.
- An evening for members and parents to ask questions about pony club, and do some Christmas shopping.
- Sweat shirts, jackets, stocks, PC Manuals, Ties, saddlecloths, Christmas cards etc. available to buy.
- Iona will be bringing her merchandise to sell.
- Coffee & mince pies evening at the Neuadd Owen, Cefn.
Pony Club Renewal Form 2012
Your Pony Club Membership & Insurance needs renewing BEFORE 1st January 2012.
You will not be allowed to attend ANY Pony Club event or compete if you have not renewed your membership.
Can I ask you all to make sure you complete the Gift Aid slip at the bottom of the application form. I have received some with that section not filled in. On a payment of £58 we are able to recover £14.50. You are entitled to sign the Declaration if you are an Income Tax payer or a Capital Gains Tax payer, and it will cost you absolutely nothing.
Many Thanks … Iona Pierce
Please note that the Access to Endurance badge will be re-scheduled in 2012 and before you can complete this badge you must:
1. Complete the following badges:
- Road Rider
- Care of the Foot
- First Aid (Equine)
- First Aid (Human)
- Map Reading
- Fitness – Please note that the Fitness Badge is being done this Thursday 1st December 2011. Please contact Caroline Williams if you would like to book in!
In this badge you will learn about the work and feeding required to keep your pony in good condition and fit for various disciplines e.g. novice area competitions, hunting, Kestral endurance ride (16km – 25km / 10 -16 miles)
2. The rider must complete a total of 50 km (approx. 30 miles) in training or competitive rides
- You can use as many qualifying rides as you like to accumulate mileage and use different ponies.
- Please check the new schedule when it is available for details of qualifying rides.
- We are aiming to include Robin (5 – 8 KM / 3.5 – 5 miles) and Merlin (8 – 15 Km / 5 – 10 miles) rides at a number of events in the Spring.
If you have any queries about the Access to Endurance badge or endurance generally please contact Kate Williams (01745 890655) and firstname.lastname@example.org
Llanasa District Fitness Badge
There are still places available on the Fitness Badge on Thursday 1st December 6pm – 8pm at Gwysaney Hall, Mold being run by Meg Green – it is one of the badges required to complete the Access to Endurance Badge. If any interested members could let me know by email please – I am having problems with my phone at the moment.
Many thanks. CAROLINE email@example.com
Saturday 3 December 2011 – Achievement Badge – Flags of the Equestrian Nations. at Ty Mawr, Bodelwyddan. 10.30 – 12. Cost £5. Names to Marian Owen firstname.lastname@example.org
Llysfaen District Christmas Activities
- Flint and Denbigh Pony Club Llysfaen District Christmas Party
We are planning to hold a FAB Christmas Party on Friday 9th December starting at 6pm in the Sports Pavilion, Betws Yn Rhos – fun, games and Christmas munchies for all the family, and even a visit from Santa is planned. If you would like to attend the party please give your names to Aloma – 01492-680653 email@example.com by Thursday 24th November as Santa needs plenty of time to prepare the gifts for the children.
- Christmas Novice Show Jumping Competition at Ystrad
Sunday 11th December, if you wish to take part in this event please get your entries in asap, as you are all aware the parking at Ystrad is limited, and priority will be given to the members who have paid their entries in advance.
Also we would greatly appreciate any help with stewarding; opening & closing the arena door, tack check, arena party (picking up poles) and supervising the warm up area, etc. If any parents or older PC members would like to come along and assist please let me know asap. Contact Laura: 01745-860571 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I take this opportunity to ask all parents to park sensibly so that we can accommodate as many competitors as possible on the day. Please remember to pick up your ponies droppings and not to leave your ponies tied to the outside of their transport, once you have finished your class please put your pony back in their trailer where they can safely munch on their haynet without making a mess on the car park.
Linda Soup’s will be the mobile caterers on the day, offering hot food & drinks for sale…..please support them. We are also having a cake stand to raise money for our District, if possible please bring along homemade cake/s which we can then sell as part of our fund raising.
- Date change for Saddlery & Points of the Tack mini & achievement badge
We have changed the date of this PC activity badge as our school Christmas concert is planned for Wednesday 14th December, this badge is now going to be held on Monday morning 19th December in Llanfair TH, Nr Abergele. If you are interested in doing this badge please would you let me know asap, so that I can order the badges in plenty of time and book the venue. Contact Laura: 01745-860571 or email: email@example.com
Dwyfor Winter League Show Jumping November 26th 2011
Report & results are on the Branch website www.fndponyclub.org.uk
Mostyn Farm Ride
We intend to have a Festive day on 4th December 2011 and therefore invite you all to come and participate with or without your horses and ponies. Please see Attached file (Christmas Mostyn Poster).