- In the pre-mini girls, Leah Lamb stormed to victory with PBs for run and swim and Orla Kissane also produced her best run and swim.
- In the mini girls 9-10yrs, Scarlett Owen performed consistently well in all events, winning the class, Imogen Kissane was 4th and Lilli Young 7th with all three girls gaining PBs in run and swim.
- In the mini girls 10-12yrs, there was no stopping Neisha Roberts whose incredible best run and best swim meant she won the class by over 200 points and booked her place in the National Championships in Milton Keynes in March.
- Not to be outdone, older sister Mia Roberts who has only just moved up to Juniors, had a best run of over 250 points more than anyone else in the class which helped secure her 1st place and another place at the National Champs!
- Ben Read found that the competition is tough in the Senior Boys <25yrs but pulled out all the stops to gain the best run with PBs in run and swim, finishing 5th.
- In the team competition, the Flint Fire crackers, Ben, Mia, Neisha & Imogen finished 3rd our of 28 teams.
We all had a fantastic day, despite blue fingers and knees during the run and every competitor had a smile on their face at the end. Triathlon is all about the team spirit and everyone first or last gets equal support & encouragement from the whole team so if you fancy a go please join us for the next one on 28th Feb – contact Meg for details.