Pony Club Tests
D, D+ and C Tests are taking place on Thursday 20th August. Could all members hoping to take tests this year please let Iona know? email@example.com
The Mini R&R Badge is needed before D test and Main R&R Badge before C test.
If any members studied for Badges during lockdown could they please let Iona know? The assessments will be on Thursday 13th August.
Exciting news – we are planning a Quorn tetrathlon competition on 5th September! At this stage, we need to know who would be interested in competing so we can plan the event around numbers and social distancing. I have created an online booking on the Quorn page https://branches.pcuk.org/quorn/online-bookings/, this is just to register interest and help us plan. You will have to book properly and pay through a new link once we sort and release the final schedule and plans. There are a few things you should know:
- This will be a dry tetrathlon (no swimming);
- There will not be a bean bag class at this event, so the youngest class will be under 9s and shooting
- All shooting will be at 7m to fit into the marquee
- The ride will be arena eventing in their arena (with no gate or slip rail)
The whole event will be at Aylesford Equestrian, Shoby, near Melton Mowbray, shooting in a marquee, running on their fields and riding in their arena. Everyone will have a set time, turn up for their activities and then leave – no prize giving on the day, and results released later online. It won’t be the same as normal by any means, but we are really excited to be able to plan something that we can do safely under the circumstances and provide a chance to compete again. The register of interest booking is open to July 31st (Friday), but please complete as soon as you can.
BEAUFORT TRIATHLON (SHOOT, RUN & RIDE) – SATURDAY 8TH & SUNDAY 9TH AUGUST
ALL PHASES AT OXSTALLS CROSS COUNTRY GL6 8HZ (midway between Stroud and Cirencester)
Please find attached a schedule and entry form for the Beaufort Dry Tri in August.
The cross country course at Oxstalls is excellent and will provide a welcome outing for those who have missed competition opportunities this year.
- There will be plenty of L fences available and the option to jump down a level for those who lack match practice.
- Only the gate and slip rail will be timed.
- There will be a dedicated course for Beanies and Tadpoles in an enclosed grass arena or one paddock only. Beanies and Tadpoles may be led/assisted for a penalty.
- For those not able to ride this time, there is a Shoot & Run Biathlon class.
I would be grateful if you would publicise this event as widely as possible and encourage your members to support it – the organisers and helpers have put it a huge effort to make it possible.
Please address any queries to:
Mrs Alex Connors, Beaufort Hunt Pony Club Tetrathlon, Coates Farm, Nettleton, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 7NS
Tel: 01249 783530
Tel: 07970 212903