What’s on this fortnight
|Wed 13th Nov||Llysfaen||Working Rally £10 4 in a group. Please contact Aloma to Book In. email@example.com||6.00 – 8.00 pm||Equiti. Rhuallt|
|Thurs 14th Nov||SJ Training||£10 per rider Please contact Bethan Edwards to Book In. firstname.lastname@example.org||6.00 – 8.00 pm||Equiti. Rhuallt|
|Fri 15th Nov||Llanasa||Dressage Test Riding Prep for Winter League Dressage Competitions. £10 per person. Please contact Jude to Book In.
|6.00 – 8.00 pm||Coleg Cambria Northop|
|Sat 16th Nov||Llandyrnog||Working Rally for all abilities. £5. Names to Iona at least 1 week before. email@example.com||10.30 am onwards||Ystrad. Denbigh|
|Sun 17th Nov||Winter League Dressage||Flint & Denbigh Hunt Branch Dressage Competition||Northop|
|Wed 20th Nov||Llysfaen||Working Rally £10 4 in a group. Please contact Aloma to Book In. firstname.lastname@example.org||6.00 – 8.00 pm||Equiti. Rhuallt|
|Sat 23rd Nov||Mounted Games||Games Training. Please contact Chrissie Mayes to Book In and for more details. email@example.com||tbc|
|Sat 23rd Nov||Cefn||Working Rally LR – C .£7.50. Names to Bethan. firstname.lastname@example.org||11.00 am||Equiti. Rhuallt|
|Sat 23rd Nov||Dressage Training||£15 individual £10 shared. Please contact Jane Grindal to Book In email@example.com.||Fferm. Rhuddlan|
|Sun 24th Nov||Winter League SJ Comp||Flint & Denbigh Hunt Branch Winter League SJ Competition||Maelor. Hope|
|Mon 25th Nov||Llanasa|| Flat Rally £10 (max 4 per group) Please contact Jude to Book In.
|6.00 – 8.00 pm||Coleg Cambria Northop|
|Wed 27th Nov||Llysfaen||Working Rally £10 4 in a group. Please contact Aloma to Book In. firstname.lastname@example.org||6.00 – 8.00 pm||Equiti. Rhuallt|
Denbighshire Community Sports Awards 2019 – Volunteer of the Year
Congratulations to Iona for winning Volunteer of the Year, nominated by her daughter Rhian. Bethan Jones, Debbie Miller, Chrissie Mayes and Jan Smith were also there to cheer, much to Iona’s surprise.
The Stones were also included in the nominations for the Sport in School Award for the Triathlon Club at Myddleton College, and past member Huw Jones won Junior Sports Performer of the Year for his cross country running achievements. It was an inspiring evening with an excellent talk by Paralympic swimming gold medallist Liz Johnson from South Wales.
Perhaps something that other members, teams or coaches could be nominated for next year…
Introduction to Polocrosse
At Equity on 16 February 10am-12pm. If you would like to give this a go, then please contact email@example.com. No experience required, there will be an hour on ponies, half an hour on foot and possibly a small display by current playing members. If there is enough interest a session in March and April will be booked.
On the 25/26 April there is a tournament which will be a qualifier for Pony Club Championships. I will also look to hold a badge day over Easter for those that participate in the training.
Equipment – we can provide bandages and over reach boots if you don’t have any, but if you have a breast plate please bring (don’t worry for this first taster session if you don’t have one!). Sticks and balls will be provided.
First Aid Course
Chrissie Mayes is arranging a First Aid course. If any Parents, members, Trainers or Instructors are interested, please let her know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Winter League Show Jumping – Burton Cheshire Forest
8th December – schedule and entry form attached:
Winter League Show Jumping Results – Berwyn & Dee and Tanatside
Well done to all the riders who competed at Southview on Sunday for the Berwyn & Dee and Tanatside winter league showjumping competition. It was a great turn out.
- Class 1a came 2nd. Well done Lleucu, Daisy, Isobel and Summer. Well done to Helen in a mixed team.
- Class 1b had two teams. The none winter league team came 3rd – Amber, Isobel, Lleucu and Constance. The winter league team came a respectable 6th place. Well done Isabella, Nansi, Rosie and Amber. Isabella Stone came 2nd individually – well done all.
- Class 2 winter league team came 5th. Well done to Eben, Iri, Cari and Katy. Eben came 5th individually. Well done Lili who was part of a mixed team. We are also sending our best wishes to the rider who had a fall and was taken to hospital in class 2.
- Our riders from class 3 didn’t get to ride as it was going to be too late. Thank you for your patience and understanding Twm, Orlagh, Poppy and Faye.
Please get your entries in for the next competition which we are hosting at Maelor on November 24th.
Area 5 Dates
they can always be viewed at either https://branches.pcuk.org/area5/area-5-events-calendar/ (in calendar format, from where you can add the dates to your Google Calendar) or https://branches.pcuk.org/area5/2019/11/10/area-5-dates-2019-2020/
BOLD = Winter League Show Jumping
* = clash
- Nov 17th Winter Series Dressage Qual. Flint & Denbigh
- Nov 24th WLSJ. Flint & Denbigh, Maelor
- Dec 1st Winter Series Dressage Qual. Cheshire Hunt South
- Dec 7th Hope Saddlery evening discounts. Contact Karen.
- Dec 8th WLSJ. Burton Cheshire Forest
- *NEW Dec 15th Lunge Training, Caernarfon. Contact Meg.
- *NEW Dec 15th Step One Intro to Coaching, Caernarfon. Contact Meg.
- Jan 2nd Fun Team SJ. Bryn Derw, Caernarfon, Anglesey.
- Jan 12th Triathlon Mold.
- NEW Jan 16th Lunge Training, Caernarfon. Contact Meg.
- Jan 19th WLSJ. Cheshire Hunt South
- Feb 1st Winter Series Dressage Qual. East Cheshire
- Feb 2nd WLSJ. WWW/WyLlyn
- NEW Feb 6th Lunge Training, Caernarfon. Contact Meg.
- Feb 8th Winter Series Dressage Qual. Burton Cheshire Forest
- Feb 22nd WLSJ. Aberconwy. Maelor.
- NEW Feb 23rd Arena Eventing. Kelsall. East Cheshire
- March 7th WLSJ Final. Cheshire Hunt North
- *March 8th Winter Series Dressage Final. Burton Cheshire Forest
- *March 8th Triathlon Qualifier. Mold.
- March 15th AREA Quiz.
- March 22nd Winter Triathlon Final.
- April 4/5th Addington. Winter series Dressage/SJ Final.
- April 19th AREA 5 H and P Care. Aberconwy.
- May 30/31 Tetrathlon Junior Regionals.
- June 27/28 AREA 5 Tetrathlon. Mostyn.
- July 4th AREA 5 Horse Trials. Somerford. East Ch.
- July 12th. AREA 5 Dressage. FnD.
- July 14 -17 Area 5 Senior Camp. Somerford.
- Aug 1/2 Senior Tet Regionals.Pontispool.
- Aug 7/8/9 Tetrathlon National Champs.
Permission to Use Photos
Fred has had an enquiry from Clare Vickers who is on the Cefn Meriadog committee. They would like to use two of the photos below in this year’s calendar! She asked for permission but we’re not sure who took the photos. So if you took the photos (or know who did), please get in touch with Fred to say whether or not you are happy for the photos to be used.