What’s on this fortnight
|Wed 30th Jan||Llysfaen||Working Rally. £9. 4 in each group. Please text Aloma to check availability (07802 342561). Payment must be sent with booking form.||6.00 pm – 8.00 pm||Equiti, Rhuallt|
|Sat 2nd Feb||Llandyrnog||Working Rally for all abilities. LR – C £5. Names to Iona firstname.lastname@example.org||10.30 am onwards||Ystrad. Denbigh|
|Sat 2nd Feb||Dressage||DENGIE WINTER LEAGUE DRESSAGE COMP||EC Branch|
|Sun 3rd Feb||Mounted Games||Training for all.
|10.00am – 12.00pm||Equiti|
|Mon 4th Feb||AREA 5||AH Training. Please contact Meg for details. email@example.com|
|Mon 4th Feb||Llanasa||Working Rally rallies open to all ages (must be confident off lead rein). £8 Booking Form Attached. Spaces available.||6.00 pm – 8.00 pm||Coleg Cambria Northop|
|Wed 6th Feb||Llysfaen||Working Rally. £9. 4 in each group. Please text Aloma to check availability (07802 342561). Payment must be sent with booking form.||6.00 pm – 8.00 pm||Equiti, Rhuallt|
|Thurs 7th Feb||AREA 5||Lunge Training. Please contact Meg for details. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sat 9th Feb||Mounted Games||Accreditation and 2019 games demonstration||All Day||Addington Manor|
|Sat 9th Feb||Dressage||Charge depends on number in lesson £7 (3)- 1hr £10 (2)-1hr and £15 individual lesson -45min .Pay on day. email@example.com||Fferm, Bodelwyddan LL18 5UH|
|Sat 9th Feb||Show Jumping||SJ Training. £8. Please pay on website. More Details from Bethan Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org||2.00 pm – 4.00 pm||Equiti|
|Sat 9th Feb||Dressage||DENGIE WINTER LEAGUE DRESSAGE COMP||BCF Branch|
|Sun 10th Feb||SJ Competition||WINTER LEAGUE SHOW JUMPING COMPETITION||Aberconwy Branch|
|Sun 10th Feb||Mounted Games||Training for all.
|10.00am – 12.00pm||Equiti|
|Sun 10th Feb||Cefn/Branch||Working Rally for abilities. LR – C £7.50. Names to Iona email@example.com||10.30 am -12.30 pm||Ystrad. Denbigh|
|Tues 12th Feb||Show Jumping||SJ Training. £8. Please pay on website. More Details from Bethan Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org||6.00 pm||Equiti|
|Wed 13th Feb||Llysfaen||Working Rally. £9. 4 in each group. Please text Aloma to check availability (07802 342561). Payment must be sent with booking form.||6.00 pm – 8.00 pm||Equiti, Rhuallt|
PC Membership is due 1st February: this Friday! You can submit online or by post, and you should all have received an email about it.
Spaces available on Working Rally at Coleg Cambria Northop Indoor on Monday 4th February, 6-8pm. All welcome, must be confident off lead rein. £8 each. Contact Jude on 07960 008601 or email email@example.com.
C and C+ Training
Open to all Branches but hosted by Sir Watkin Williams Wynn’s Pony Club
There will be training for C and C+ tests on:
- Sunday 3rd February (A.M.) – Ridden training (bring your pony)
- Sunday 10th Febuary (P.M.) – Stable management training
- Cost is £12 per lesson, book online for either or both rallies by midnight Wed 30th Jan
- Tests on date to be confirmed during half term.
Both sessions will be held at The Greaves, Threapwood, Malpas, SY14 7AR. But please do not use this postcode for Satnav – enter only by the drive off Dog Lane (use postcode SY14 7BE instead). Park on the hard-standing outside the farm buildings, and please leave the yard as you found it.
Telephone Emily Gilruth 07932 625509 with any questions.
Aberconwy Winter League Show Jumping
10th February. Entries close on Monday 4th February at midday. Online booking: https://www.fndponyclub.org.uk/bookings/?p=1096
Waen y Llyn Winter League Show Jumping
24th February. Online booking now available: https://www.fndponyclub.org.uk/bookings/events/wl-sj-waen-y-llyn-show-jumping-2019/
Area 5 Training – open to all branches
Area 5 Lunge Training:
- 4 Thursday evenings (7th February, 21st February, 7th March, 21st March) 6.30pm and 7.30pm at Manor Farm, Acton Bridge. £15. Four people per evening. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book. You do not need to sit the test but if you are, then you must attend two sessions first.
Area 5 AH Training:
- 4th February, 6.30pm-8.30pm at Northop Equestrian Centre. £15. With Elizabeth Lyonnette.
- 25th February, 6.30pm-8.30pm. Venue TBC. With Sarah Dobell.
- 4th March, 6.30pm-8.30pm. Venue TBC. With Elizabeth Lyonnette.
- 2nd April at Kelsall with Michael Owen. £30 for two sessions – one flat and one jumping.
Please book with Meg on email@example.com ASAP as she doesn’t want to cancel. Members aiming for their B test are welcome on the AH training.
Area 5 Triathlon Qualifier
January 26th 2018- A handful of Flint & Denbigh triathletes arrived at Calderstone school in Liverpool for the Area 4 winter triathlon qualifier. Orlagh was first up with her shoot which proved to be quite eventful with some targets turning and some not and the timings being different to what we’ve trained at. Still with all the drama Orlagh managed to pull off a shoot of 800 and a personal best in her new class, shooting one handed at 10 meters! Then the minis were up, all striving for fast times on a course with corners and concrete patches!!! Then the minis were off to shoot only to be told that the stopwatches hadn’t worked during their run and that they’d have to run again, as you can imagine, lots of unhappy parents and children but these things happen!!! The organisers decided that the minis could run one lap of the run and their time would be doubled to work out their points, everyone seemed OK with the decision so off we went to run again with all minis running in super fast times! Finally it was swimming time and this event went very smoothly with all Flint & Denbigh triathletes giving it their all. Just the results to wait for and they were definitely worth waiting for…
- Leah Lamb 1st in the mini girl class with best shoot of 980 and best swim gaining her qualification to Nationals.
- Constance Wight 5th in the mini girl class with an epic shoot of 900.
- Freddie Tewson Green just out of the ribbons in 7th place with a great run.
- Neisha Roberts 2nd in the junior girls class with best run and gaining her qualification to Nationals.
- Orlagh Toner 6th in the open girls class with pb’s in all events.
And to top it off, our team which consisted of Leah, Constance, Neisha and Freddie, took first place overall!
A huge thank you to all the Area 4 volunteers, we look forward to returning next year!