Pony Club Championships
I would like to congratulate all our members who competed at the Pony Club Championships this last weekend. All our members representing the Flint & Denbigh Hunt Branch were immaculately turned out and rode their ponies and horses beautifully.
- Twm Cernyw was one of the younger members that had qualified for the Novice Dressage competition. Twm had an excellent mark and finished 17th out of 34 competitors.
- The Open Mini Polocrosse team of Isabelle and Daisy Stone and Leia Lloyd Williams were amazing coming 4th overall, and 2nd in the Turnout competition.
- Katie Davies played Polocrosse in an Area 5 team which was placed 5th.
- The mounted games senior team of Katie Davies, Twm Cernyw, Cari Jones, Ellie Richardson and Alex Owen had a great time, but unfortunately did not have the speed to match some of the best teams in the country.
- The Intermediate Show Jumping team of Brier Leahy, Harriet Williams, Sali Wheway and Sophie Toogood finished 10th in a huge class of 35 teams, but won the prestigious Horsemanship Prize for their style of riding.
- The Intermediate Horse Trials team competed in a very competitive class – Sophie Toogood, Sali Wyn Wheway, Heidi O’Brien and Jac Cernyw were not placed as a team (finished 19th out of 34 teams), but I was very impressed with their riding and all completed the competition. Sali was placed 7th individually in her section, and Heidi finished 13th in her section.
- Brier Leahy competed in the Open Eventing on Helen Morris’s mare Lola who was a little bit too pleased to be there in the dressage but was double clear in the time, gaining a Craddock award, and finished 6th in her section. The Area 5 team was 4th overall out of 22 teams.
- Ben Read was busy volunteering every day at Champs.
- Sophie Toogood deserves a special mention as she competed at the Championships for the last time. Sophie has been representing the Branch in team and individual show jumping and horse trials, at the Championships for the last 10 years, which is quite an achievement. She had also been a member of the games team as well.
Without these members and parents volunteering to help, the competition would not take place.
Thank you to all members, parents and friends of our Branch who came to support us at the Championships.
Finally I would like to thank all the trainers and helpers that have prepared the members for the area competitions throughout the year. A great deal of hard work and commitment from members and parents.
Grassroots Regional Championships
Congratulations to the Dressage Team who qualified at Area and went on to represent the branch at the regional championships: Leah Lamb, Poppy Dowber, Ella Dowber and Faye Jones, who were placed 7th at the Grassroots Regional Finals held at Eland Lodge. Poppy also had an individual placing in her arena and came 9th.
Thank you to Rosemary Clarke for preparing the team members and also for supporting them at the championships.
Congratulations also to Twm Cernyw, who qualified at the Areas Horse Trials, and went to represent the Branch at the Regional Championships and came 5th.
Excellent results from our dedicated members and their families.
Grassroots Tetrathlon Championships
Congratulations to Leah Lamb who finished 9th out of 52 competitors, and Orlagh Toner who competed in an Area 5 team which was placed 20th out of 29 teams.