FLINT & DENBIGH CHRISTMAS PARTY
16th December 2017, 5-7pm at Trefnant Village Hall.
Festive fun, to celebrate a fantastic year, for the children; to dress up, leave the ponies at home and put their best dancing shoes on. Disco, bouncy castle and Christmas party games.
To book on please contact Mandy Jones (Cefn@fndponyclub.org.uk or 07766 055774).
Tickets are £5 per child. Payment paid ASAP to secure place.
Winter League Show Jumping – Results
Thank you to Dwyfor and Dolgellau and district Branches of the Pony Club for hosting their winter league competition at Bryn Derw on Sunday.
Iri Davies was the only rider representing Flint & Denbigh in Class 1 but she held her own coming 4th in the warm up class, then her mixed team in Class 1 came 3rd with only three riders. She was 3rd individually too. Iri paired up with Beth Howatson from Aberconwy Pony Club and they both rode fantastically to win the class. Da iawn Iri. Eben and Scarlett were also in the pairs but weren’t placed.
Georgina Vaarkamp, Twm Cernyw, Eben Davies and Faye Jones were on form for Class 2 and rode with great determination. They came 1st as a team with three of them being placed individually – Eben 3rd, Twm 4th and Faye 6th.
Scarlett Owen was in a mixed team which came 4th.
Georgina came 4th in the Dengie qualifier and also got the all important qualifying envelope.
Well done to all the riders and their parents for their continued support. Diolch.
The next winter league competition is Burtn Cheshire Forest on December 10th at Southview. This is the last one before Christmas and it would also be great for Iri to have a full team supporting her in Class 1. Please send your entries as soon as possible to:. Bethan Edwards, 29 Stryd y Brython, Ruthin, Denbighshire, LL15 1JA.
Burton Cheshire Forest Competition Winter League And Dengie Competition
FLINT & DENBIGH BRANCH WINTER LEAGUE SHOW JUMPING COMPETITION
Please find attached the schedule for the Flint & Denbigh Hunt Branch of the Pony Club Winter League Show Jumping competition on Saturday 6th January 2018 at Maelor Equestrian Centre, Hope, Nr Wrexham.
Could you please encourage your Novice members, or members who are thinking of maybe competing at Winter League SJ, to enter the 60cm class.
Barlow Tetrathlon and Hunter Trials
Attached are the schedules for the Barlow Hunt Pony Club Hunter Trial and Tet/Tri for April 2018. Tetrathletes are also welcome to enter the hunter trial. Each horse can do a max of two rounds including the Tet round. If you have any questions, please call Liz Lovell (07800 513373).
PCUK Talent Pathway
Here are the details on the 2018 Talent Pathway arrangements:
- We would ask that all Areas run training days at time/dates/venues to suit, using their own choice of coach. Ideally these should be open to Members aged 12 years or over. We would ask that at least two training days are made available (preferably from January – March), £100 will be able from the office for each day (up to a maximum of 2 days). Please advise the office of the details of the events that you are putting on so that the dates can be listed on the website.
- The assessment days will now be known as selection days in order that it is clearer to participants what the day is about.
- The criteria for participation will remain as 2017 – for selection days aged 14 years or over (at date of event) competing or training at Pony Club Novice dressage level and/or training/competing at 90cm or over jumping/eventing.
- Selection days will be held in the Spring
- In response to feedback from candidates there will be selection days specifically for eventing candidates, these will be held at venues that hold Arena Eventing competitions with candidates having a 45 min group session (maximum of 3 candidates) with a flat coach and a 45 min session with a jump coach where they will tackle show jumps plus event type jumping questions such as skinnies/corners. These events will be held at Aylesford Equine, Aylesford Lodge Farm, Melton Mowbray LE14 3PF (3/4/18); Attington, TetsworthOX9 7BY (9/4/18); Richmond EC, Brough Park, Catterick DL10 7PL (14/4/18) and on 4/4/18 at Lincomb Equestrian, DY13 9RB. We are awaiting details for a further date to take place in the SW – I will update once the details are confirmed.
- There are six further selection days holding sections for show jumping and dressage. At these dates there will 2 x 45 minute group sessions (maximum of 3 candidates) they are being held at Bishop Burton, Beverley HU17 8QG (31/3/18) Usk, NP15 1XJ (5/4/18); Kingston Maurward, Dorchester DT2 8PY (6/4/18); The Unicorn, Stow on the Wold, Cheltenham GL54 1JZ (8/4/18); Reaseheath College, Nantwich CW5 6DF (10/4/18) and Beechwood EC, Chelmsford CM3 8DY (11/4/18).
- Selection days for all 3 categories – dressage, show jumping and eventing are scheduled to take place at Ian Stark EC, Selkirk TD7 4NP on 28/4/18 and at Laurel View EC, Ballyclare BT39 0BX on 4/4/17.
- The selection day fee will remain at £50 for 2018.
- The feedback sheet is being revamped to make simpler to use for the coach and candidates and will be available for candidates to take away with them on the day ( a photo will be taken to send in to the office)
- The Talent Pathway camp has been booked for 29/6/17-1/7/17 at Solihull Riding Club