Lunge training with Katy Powell Jones at Hendrerwydd for 16+ members who already have their C+. 11am on Thursday 4th August. There are a couple of spaces left. Please ring Chris on 07715 635089 if you would like to book.
Combined Training Competition
Could all entries for the Combined Training Competition on Thursday 11th August please be in by Monday 9th August? This is a dressage and show jumping competition, but members can just enter the Dressage if they prefer.
Pony Club Show at Dyfnog on Wednesday 17th August. Schedule to follow.
Area 5 Training
- Lunge Training at Stanthorne Parks, CW10 0NA. 10th August, 7 – 9 pm.
- Lunge Test at Stanthorne Parks, CW10 0NA. 18th August, 7 – 9 pm.
- B+ and AH Training with Liz Lyonette at Meadowcroft, Hooffield Lane, Huxley, Chester. CH3 9BR. 8th and 15th August, then 5th, 12th and 19th September, 7 – 9 pm. Riding dates to follow.
Addition to Area Dressage Results
Lucy Roberts was also in the novice dressage team, and she came second in her arena.
Winter League Show Jumping Dates
- 17th September: Anglesey
- 2nd October: East Cheshire
- 16th October: Gwynedd
- 29th October: Aberconwy
- 13th November: Tanatside and Berwyn & Dee
- 27th November: Dwyfor and Dolgellau
- 10th/11th December: Burton Cheshire Forest
- 8th January: WWW (TBC)
- 22nd January: Flint & Denbigh
- 5th February: Cheshire Hunt South
- 25th February: Waen y Llyn
- 4th March: Cheshire Hunt North (Final)
Land Rover Supports new Pony Club Initiative
- Land Rover sponsors new Pony Club initiative aimed at grassroots riders
- The Land Rover Pony Club Regional Championships will take place in August and September
- The new partnership further cements Land Rover’s long term commitment to equestrian sport
Land Rover is delighted to announce it is to become title sponsor of a brand new Pony Club competition aimed at grassroots riders.
The Land Rover Pony Club Regional Championships 2016, which are open to all Pony Club members between the ages of 4-25 years old, aims to introduce new talent into a competitive structure. In its inaugural year, there will be a total of five regional championship events taking place during August and September, at prominent equestrian venues spread around the UK. Riders have the opportunity to qualify for the Championships in their Areas over the summer months of June, July and August.
With over 30 year’s heritage in the equestrian world, this new partnership further cements Land Rover’s long term commitment to equestrian sport.
Scott Dicken, Marketing Director of Land Rover UK, said: “The Pony Club is the biggest youth equestrian organisation in the world and provides an integral platform for young riders to learn to ride and care for horses. All of the current Land Rover equestrian ambassadors, including Zara Tindall and Ben Maher, started their careers with the Pony Club. We are very proud to be able to support the new Pony Club initiative and champion young riders throughout the UK.”
The first year of the Land Rover Pony Club Regional Championships will host show jumping and dressage competitions, and will incorporate eventing into the second year. Young riders will be able to qualify for one of the Land Rover Pony Club Regional Championship events through 19 Area Qualifiers.
Mary Tuckett, Chairman of The Pony Club, explained: “The Land Rover Pony Club Regional Championships provides a competitive opportunity for our members that want to take their first step in their equestrian careers, giving the experience of a championship environment”.
She continued: “We recognise that not all Pony Club members have ambitions to compete at the highest level and it can seem slightly out of reach. The Land Rover Pony Club Regional Championships is a really accessible opportunity for those who want to experience a big event atmosphere within a regional environment”.
The Land Rover Pony Club Regional Championships 2016 take place as follows:
- Scotland, North & Northern Ireland – 6 – 7 August – Ian Stark Equestrian Centre, Selkirk
- Mid-North – 27 – 28 August – Eland Lodge Equestrian, Derbyshire
- Wales & West Midlands – 27 – 28 August – Rectory Farm Gloucestershire
- South West – 3 – 4 September – Bicton Arena, Devon
- South East – 10 – 11 September – The College Equestrian Centre, Bedford
Land Rover has over 30 years heritage in the equestrian sport and has been title sponsor of Burghley Horse Trials since 2004. To find out more about Land Rover’s long term commitment to equestrian sport, visit www.landrover.co.uk/equestrian