From January 1st 2016 no member will be allowed to participate in PC activities unless your hat has a white pony club hat tag or red BE hat tag … See below …
Please find below links to the updated Hat and Body Protector Rules of The Pony Club for 2016. The key changes are as follows:
- As previously noted, the hat standard BS EN 1384 has been removed as an accepted hat standard from the 1st January 2016. Please remind your Members and their parents / guardians to bear this in mind when buying new riding hats.
- We are now accepting the hat standards ASTM F1163 and VG1.
- We are now accepting the new red BE hat tags, so if Members have BE red tagged hats, they will not need tagging with a white Pony Club hat tag. However, please note we can still randomly spot check tagged hats if we wish.
- We are clarifying the position regarding peaks in cross-country riding including Eventing, Tetrathlon, Horse Trials and also Pony Racing and Mounted Games. Please note that a jockey skull cap must be worn, with no fixed peak, peak type extensions or noticeable protuberances above the eyes or to the front and should have an even round or elliptical shape with a smooth or slightly abrasive surface.
- Body protectors used in Cross Country or Pony Racing must be BETA Level 3 standard. These have a purple BETA tag on them.
Note: Any changes or additions to the rules are shown in bold text.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
The Pony Club