Congratulations to the following on passing their D test at the end of the Llysfaen Summer rallies last Wednesday. They are: Lucia Macpherson, Harri Wyn-Wheway, Elsa Braunton, Elia Davies, Constance Braunton.
Camp – Jobs
These are the jobs that need to be done to set up camp. Strimming of stalls area & Bryn has already been done. We will try to get all ride sites, etc. set up to save time on Friday morning, allowing the children to start their rides promptly. ALL parents to help set up on Thurs 23rd July at 6.30pm (parents that have already been to strim camp field do not need to attend).
If anyone has a caravan/lorry available for use at camp, please let Bethan know. It is needed for the night watch parents.
Donations of cake, biscuits, etc. gratefully received for camp.
Camp Duty Rota
Please check the camp duty rota, if your name is not down please fill it in on the first morning of camp. If we do not get adequate numbers of night watch volunteers the members will have to go home for the night.
- Ensure that your pony/horse does not need shoeing during camp – get it done now!
- Double check the dress and equipment listing on the camp application/information forms.
- Check your stitching on your tack.
- Check that your tack fits correctly, including stirrups.
- Everyone to bring hi-viz tabard.
- Clearly label ALL your tack, grooming kit, clothing, etc. with your name.
- If you are stabling, check which bedding the proprietor would prefer you to use. Payment of use of stable to be made to proprietor.
- If you are putting your pony in a pen overnight, please remember to bring all the fencing, posts & battery. Fences must be electrified. Hay and water bucket will also be needed.
- Arrive early on first day at 9am. DO NOT UNLOAD your pony. Camp information talk at 9.30am. EVERYONE to attend (parents and members).
Paul Davies Dressage Clinic Saturday 18th July at Ty Mawr, Bodelwyddan
There are spaces for Saturday’s clinic at Ty Mawr. Cost is £15 for 45min. Please contact Jane (07890 107492 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like a space.
Nantwich Show Inter Hunt Relay
Flint & Denbigh have been asked if they would like to enter a team for the relay at Nantwich Show on 29th July. Please contact Eirian if you are interested (email@example.com).
Area Tetrathlon Results
Congratulations to Ben Read who won the intermediate Boys Area Tetrathlon last weekend. Ben has also been selected to represent Wales & Borders at the Senior Regional Championships. Good luck to you Ben at the Regional Championships and the Pony Club Tetrathlon Championships, both competitions being held in August.
Horse and Pony Care Championships
PCUK are starting to source ponies and horses for the Blue Cross Horse and Pony Care Championships at Cholmondeley Castle (SY14 8AH), to be held on the 22nd and 23rd August 2015. For the competition to be able to run, they need six ponies for Saturday and six horses for Sunday, which may be used in topics such as tack fitting, grooming and loading.
All horses/ponies provided must have a quiet temperament. They would be needed at the Horse and Pony Care stables by 8.30am, and to be picked up at 4.30pm. Haynets and any special feed requirements will need to be provided by the owners, however fresh water will be available at all times.
If you would like to help and receive your Blue Cross goodie bag, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Juniors (Saturday 22nd August) – SIX ponies UNDER 14.2hh
- Seniors (Sunday 23rd August) – SIX horses 14.2hh and over