My apologies for the mix up with last week’s news: I was on holiday and completely forgot to ask someone to take over, so had to fit it in where I could! Fran
Volunteers still needed – please check the lists: Setting up and Main Camp
There will be a board at camp to display ponies for loan or sale, if anyone would like to bring a poster/advert.
Paul Davies Dressage Clinics
Spaces left for these lessons at Bodysgaw Isa, Llannefydd on 19 and 26 July, and 9 and 23 August. Please e-mail Marian Owen asap (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As we are a Branch that is luckily to be associated to a Hunt. All members are invited to go out with the hunt and take the pony club hunting certificate. This is a great opportunity to learn about the traditions of hunting and also about the country side. It also gives the horse and rider a chance to improve their cross country riding skills.
Lucy Reed & Louise Shepherd are in charge of the members that take the certificate, and teach and assess the members over the hunting season.
Members wishing to take the test must be 13 years on the 1st Sept 2014 and be prepared to come out on with the hunt at least 3 times, attend a talk at the kennels and help out at the Annual Point to Point.
There will be a talk at camp re the Hunting Certificate. Members not attending camp are welcomed to come along for the talk.
If you are interested in taking the hunt certificate,or need more information please ring Lucy Reed 07850593168, 01745582421 or email email@example.com ASAP
Congratulations to all who passed their test on July 7th at Ty Mawr. Everyone did remarkably well considering the weather was so wet.
- Louisa Hare, Sophie Walker, Mair Griffith, Lara Martin and Carys Ann Roberts gained their D+ Test.
- Elliw Pierce, Lois Williams, Cari Ella, Jac Cernyw and Sian Lind gained their C Test.
Hope you all have a great time at camp this summer.
Note from Jane Grindal
The summer rallies ended last night at Ty Mawr and I want to thank you for supporting the rallies. It has been great to see so many new faces at the rallies and I am sure that mini camp will be great fun to all the new members. I am retiring from my role as Area Secretary for Cefn after being in the role for 8 years. I have enjoyed helping the pony club and will still help with Cefn Committee and our facilities at Ty Mawr are still available to the pony club. If you are interested in helping Cefn Area please could you let me know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, Jane
Arena Eventing at Dyfnog
Thank you to all the F&D members who supported the Arena Eventing at Dyfnog recently. A fantastic amount of £800 was raised towards Catrin’s charities. Photos can be seen here.
Free Tack-Marking Event
On Wednesday 23rd July, 1-5pm at Countrywide Farmers, Station Approach, Mold Road, Wrexham LL11 2AA (01978 361561)
- Free tack and equipment security marking scheme to North Wales Members
- Sign up and join the Horse Watch Scheme to receive crime alerts, tack marking and advice
- Energisers/saddles etc can be security marked
- Horse Watch Area signs also available at a small cost
Another successful weekend for the Flint & Denbigh members at the Area Competitions:
- On Saturday the dressage competition was held at the beautiful setting of Bowlesworth Castle. The Open team won – Rebecca Owen, Georgina Clarke, Georgia Webb & Phoebie Woodbine – qualifying for the championships. The Intermediate Teams were 2nd & 3rd. Nickie Williams & Jody Nettleton have also qualified for the championships individually.
- On Sunday the Open Show jumping team also won the Area Competition that was also held at Bowlesworth Castle. Laura Cocking 3rd ind. Brier Leahy 6th ind. Sophie Toogood & Lois Roberts. Ffion Roberts & Ellie Wilson have also qualified individually. Full show jumping results and photos can be seen here.
- The area Tetrathlon took place down in Warwickshire. Ben Read had a fantastic result and has qualified for the championships being held at Bishop Burton.
Congratulations to all our members and good luck at the championships.
If you are interested in Polocrosee, whether you play already or would like to play, please let Jeanette know. She needs to see if there are enough for any teams at this year’s Championship. You have the chance to go to a special training camp. Any existing or new starters please contact Jeanette (Jeanette@gwerydlakes.co.uk) or Olivia Miller (07786 310 878).
Celyn Polocrosse Club is holding a PC training evening on 30th July 2014 at Backford. It is strongly recommended that interested riders attend either this training session or the camp (below).
Pre-Championship Training Camp
Celyn Polocrosse Club are hosting a pre-Pony Club Championships training camp on 13th – 14th August at their Cheshire grounds close to Cholmondeley Castle. This event is open to all Pony Club members, with the aim of preparing teams and individuals for the Pony Club Polocrosse Championships. Training will be carried out by UKCC coaches, led by Tom Simkin (Pony Club Polocrosse Chief Coach and UKPA Chief Coach). Tack checks will be carried out at the start of the camp to ensure that everyone has the correct attire for the Championships.
For further information and the camp booking form please see flyer:
To be held at Cholmondeley Castle, Cheshire on 16th and 17th August 2014. The deadline for entries is 25th July 2014.
There are 4 classes running this year – entries dependent:
- Class 1 The Championship: Ponies must be minimum of 138 cms but there is no maximum height. The principal competition will consist of teams of 6 players, one Open Section and One Junior Section of 3 players each from the same Branch.
- Class 2 The Charles Mason Open Championship: 138 cms and over. Open Sections of 3 players.
- Class 3 The Stoneleigh Junior Championship: 16 years and under and 148 cms and under. Junior Sections of 3 players
- Class 4 The Brookes Mini Championship: 12 years and under and 138 cms and under. Sections of 3 players.
To qualify, members must have participated in a minimum of 3 working rallies, and must have been members since 31st January 2014. Full rules and qualifying details, and as stabling/penning/camping forms: