Demo riders required …
for Saturday 22nd June at Mostyn farm ride 12.30 to 3pm. To be able to walk, trot, canter and jump small fences off the lead rein.
Please contact Katy ASAP 07977062265 or email email@example.com
Area 5 Show Jumping
Please find attached the schedule for this years Area Show Jumping competition on July 20th at Smallwood.
Please read the schedule and send in your entry and cheques to me at:
DERWEN FAWR, MILWR, HOLYWELL, FLINTSHIRE, CH8 8HE made out to CHNPC.
Please also do the following:
- Write on the reverse of the cheque the riders name and age (at 01.01.13),
- class number and
- pony/horse name and height.
£20 for the qualifier classes and £16 for the non qualifier. Each rider may only enter 1 qualifier class i.e. class 1, 2 or 3 but may enter classes 4 and 5 as well if they are eligible. (on a different pony)
Please send your cheques as soon as possible so that I can start to arrange teams and notify the secretary of approx numbers entered.
Spaces available on the Show Jumping training with Jane Gough Roberts at Dyfnog on Thursday evening. Please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to reserve one.
Thanks … Chris
Mini Major showjumping competition, Olympia 2013
Please get in touch with me email@example.com if you are interested in entering the above competition, the criteria is as follows:
- Rider must be between 10 and 12 years old
- Pony must be 12.2 and currently registered with the BSJA as a JA or JC
- Rider must be an active member of their PC branch
- Closing date 22nd June 2013 for Senior Area Camp for 16 years and over. Application Form attached.
- Senior area camp booking form
- CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES BERWYN AND DEE COMBINED TRAINING IS SATURDAY 22 JUNE 2013
- Combined Training Schedule and Entry Form revised 2013
We are hoping that we have a lovely day with plenty of sun and a good turn out!!
Please can you encourage your members to get their entries in ASAP, and also remind friends and family that it is open to all (With evidence of third party insurance on the day!)
The lovely summer weather will be returning, as we have booked it!
I have attached the schedule again for everyone.
Hope to see you on the day
Kind regards … Rosie
Elite Dressage Competition …
…on Friday 16th August at Cholmondeley Castle. This information is also available on the PCUK website here!
Entries are now open and can be made online at http://events.pcuk.org/ or a hard copy is also attached.
This will also be advertised in the next Bulletin and in the competitor information for those qualifying for the dressage championships.
Kind regards … Laura Armstrong
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ
CAMP ENROLMENT EVENING, TUESDAY 2nd JULY at Cefn Village Hall.
- Mini camp 5.45pm – 7pm
- Main camp 7.30pm -9pm
- NO need for children to attend.
- Please be aware that duty rotas will be completed on this evening.
- Please could parents read through the notes attached before deciding which duties to volunteer for.
- If you are not able to help an extra charge of £75 will be made.
- If we do not get enough volunteers for nightwatch, the members will have to come daily.
- CRB forms can be completed on the enrolment evening. Please bring the necessary documents with you. Passport or birth certificate, identification documents for proof of address eg bank statement, household bills. Driving license.
- Flu vac certificates need to be checked if you have not sent a copy with application forms.
- If you have not paid online Cheques to be made payable to – Flint & Denbigh Hunt Pony Club.
- Hats … bring them with you if they have not been tagged
Flint & Denbigh Hunt Branch Pony Club Camps
Without your help camp would not be taking place. Here are a few points to consider when on duty.
- Members are at camp to learn how to look after their pony. Please encourage the children to do as much as possible in caring for their own pony while at camp.
- Do tell the children what they need to be doing, encourage good behaviour and ensure that they are not putting themselves or others in danger.
- You will need to remind children of their duties.
Pony Lines Morning- 8am – 10.30am
- Arrive on time.
- Collect all children together to catch ponies. Make sure everyone has their head collar and lead rope with them when going to the field.
- At least 2 adults to supervise per group to fetch ponies in from field. Do not leave a pony alone in the field. No child is allowed to go into the field alone.
- Ensure that the pens are mucked out.
- Ensure that the pony has hay net & water at all time when in the stalls. Haynet must be high enough so that pony’s feet are not caught in it.
- Supervise grooming, ensuring that kit is removed from stall after use.
- Between 9.15 am – 9.45am children to tidy their sleeping area.
- Supervise tacking up and ensure that members are ready to ride by 10am.
Lunch time 11.45 am – 2pm
- Supervise un-tacking and ensure that tack is put away in tack tent.
- Ensure pony has been given hay & water
- Ensure that the stalls & area around are free of muck.
- Ponies to be allowed quiet time over lunch.
- Supervise tacking up for afternoon ride.
Evening time – 3.45 pm -5.30pm
- Supervise un- tacking.
- 4.30pm – Daily & stabled ponies to leave.
- Penned ponies to pens. Ensure that they have hay & water.
- Make 2 groups- mares & geldings.
- 4.45pm -2 adults to supervise turning out into field.
- Supervise tack cleaning & general tidying up of stalls & tack tent.
- Michelle Dalton and Sharon Davies
- Thank you to Michelle and Sharon for taking on this role. Please could volunteers ensure that they turn up on time and help. Michelle and Sharon need time out of the kitchen to.
ENCOURAGE GOOD BEHAVIOUR & MANNERS FROM CHILDREN at all times. Members must be dressed for breakfast, not to come in nightwear.
Breakfast – 7am – 10am
- Help prepare, serve & clear away.
- Encourage the children to clear plates and stack tidily ready for washing up.
- Prepare juice & biscuits for each ride.
- Clean shower area & toilets.
Lunch – 11am – 2pm
- Help prepare, serve and clear away lunch.
- Serve lunch at 12.30pm
- Tidy up after lunch.
- Prepare juice & biscuits for tea.
Tea – 4.15 – 5pm
- Serve juice & biscuit
Evening Meal – 5.30pm – 7.30pm
- Help prepare & serve evening meal
- Serve meal at 6.30pm
- Clear away & tidy up kitchen.
Early evening supervision – 5.30pm – 9.30pm
- Help out with the evening entertainment
- Supervise ’poo’ picking on Sir Watkin’s drive.
- Ensure children do not wander too near local residences.
- Check that penned ponies have hay & water.
- 9pm – serve hot drink & buns.
- Tidy kitchen area.
- Handover to night watch.
Swimming Supervision – 5.45pm -6.15pm
- Only allow 12 children in pool at a time.
- No running or diving allowed.
- Re- cover the pool after use.
- am 9.00am take children to stables
- pm 5.30pm fetch children back from stables.
- Encourage children to wear their fluorescent tabards when hacking to & from stables.
- Arrive by 9pm.
- Take over from early evening supervisors.
- There should be 8 people on duty each evening, 2 people to be awake at all times. Decide between yourselves which shift you will be doing. Caravans available for the ones sleeping. Bring your own sleeping bag.
- Call out register of campers.
- Night-watchmen- please do not enter girls’ marquees on your own.
- Make a note of any members that leave camp for any reason. Ensuring that they have signed out.
- Encourage the children to settle down by 11pm. Lights out at 11.30pm.
- Any bad behaviour from any child – ring parent to fetch their child home.
- Mobile phone on the widow sill in kitchen along with contact numbers of each child’s parent or guardian.
- Emergency telephone numbers & confidential forms for members in file on the window sill in kitchen.
- Bethan Jones mobile no. 07887722583
- Medical emergency ring 999 for ambulance. DO NOT TAKE ANY CHILD ON THEIR OWN IN YOUR VEHICLE. Ring parent if needed.
- Please help with breakfast and you are more than welcomed to have breakfast at camp.
- NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOL WHILST IN CAMP.
- If for any reason you are unable to carry out your duty please arrange that someone else is covering for you.