Dress for competing XC …
Please could members be reminded that when they are competing at Pony Club events they should ride in our Branch colours.
Red hat covers & Black sweaters.
Pony club stocks are available from Bethan £17 each
Congratulations and Well Done …
- Congratulations to Olivia Miller who has been chosen to play for GB at the Polocrosse World Cup tournament being held this Summer, from the 8 – 17th July.
- Congratulations also to Oliver Williams who came 1st in the CHN ODE at Smallwood in the 10 years and under class on Saturday 7th May, retaining the trophy for another year.
- Also to all the members who competed at Kelsall Hill ODE Sunday 15th May
- F&D Team Oliver Powell Jones, Archie Fetherston Hough, Ellie Williams & Natalie Hughes were placed 4th in the Rosebowl Competition.
- Sophie Toogood 4th Ind & Archie F H 6th
- Rhiannon Johnson was 2nd in her Class and Oliver Williams 6th
- Megan Roberts 1st and Brier Leahy 3rd in their Class.
Well Done to you all.
If you would like me to include any results from Pony Club Events you have competed at, please email me and I will give you a mention.They can also be added to the F&D website.
Thanks … Iona
On Monday May 23rd and 30th there will be C+ and B working rallies at Ty Mawr.
C+ will be at 6pm and B at 7pm
Please email Jane on email@example.com or tel 07890107492
Cost will be £5 and remember to bring your body protector
Show Jumping Selection 2011
If you wish to enter the Area Show Jumping Competition to be held at Dyfnog Stud, Denbigh on July 10th 2011 please confirm your intentions by email to me ASAP stating which class you would like to be considered for.
The classes will be as follows;
- Open (1.10m),
- Intermediate (1m),
- Novice (90cm) and
- a non-qualifying Newcomers (70cm).
I have arranged 2 selection dates for the Competition and they are on the 23rd and 29th of June 2011 during the arranged training sessions . They will be held at Dyfnog Stud, Denbigh. If you are unable to attend either date please let me know ASAP.
Please consider the following points before putting your name forward:
- Members must be available for the Area competition date – 10th July 2011.
- Combination of horse/rider must have attended 3 working rallies prior to the competition.
- Rules of eligibility of horse and rider must be adhered to at all the levels (Please read the PC show jumping rule book)
- Members must attend training sessions and ride in tack and equipment permitted within the rules. There are 11 different training dates for all classes so everyone should be able to attend at least a few of them.
- Members at Open level that cannot attend training /selection due to other commitments will be tracked on their current performance and results, but must contact me if they wish to be considered for selection.
Please contact me by email ASAP to confirm your attendance at either of the selection dates, please note only one session per rider.
Many thanks … Chris Leahy
Senior Area Camp – Somerford Park Farm
Please go here for more info ….
Musto Open Eventing League Competition
Sunday 17th July 2011 at Offchurch Bury, Leamington Spa.CV33 9AR.
Organised by the Area 12 Eventing Committee and a qualifier for the National Pony Club Open Eventing Championships … Entry Form Attached
Put your Pony Power pledge on the Puissance Wall!
You will be aware that the Animal Health Trust is The Pony Club’s Charity of the Year for 2011. The Pony Club started supporting the AHT’s Pony Power campaign last year and to date the campaign has raised £40,000 towards the £100,000 target.
Your support helps the AHT to keep not only our horses and ponies happy and healthy, but also our dogs and cats too. In fact every dog, cat and horse owner in the UK will have benefitted from the pioneering work of the AHT. Yet there is still so much suffering caused by infectious and inherited diseases that we can stamp out with your help.
If The Pony Club reaches the target by raising a further £60,000 or more for the charity’s vital work, the AHT will dedicate and name a laboratory at its HQ after The Pony Club.
Every Pony Club Branch or Centre that has raised vital funds will have its name permanently recorded on the wall on The Pony Club laboratory. You can visit www.ponypower.org.uk to see an artist’s impression of what The Pony Club laboratory would look like.
In 2011, we’re asking every Pony Club Branch and Centre to raise £100 or more for the Pony Power campaign. Right now all you need to do is make a pledge that your Branch or Centre will raise funds for Pony Power. For every pledge we receive we will start to build an online Puissance Wall at www.ponypower.org.uk.
During the Pledge Months of May and June you will have an opportunity to show your support and commitment. The AHT will be contacting all Branches and Centres to encourage them to pledge and offer support. The name of every Branch and Centre which pledges to raise £100 in 2011 will be added to the Puissance Wall. We hope the wall will travel with the AHT to Pony Club events throughout the summer so your Members will be able to see your Branch or Centre’s name up in lights!
To make sure your Branch or Centre is part of the Pony Power Puissance Wall you can simply send your pledge by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your Branch or Centre.
When you’ve raised your £100 – the AHT will be providing a number of hints, tips and resources to help you do this – your brick on the Puissance Wall will turn red. Hopefully by the end of the year we’ll have a fully built and very high Wall!
As an added incentive, every Pony Club Branch or Centre who meets or exceeds the £100 target will be entered into a draw to win an exclusive Eventing clinic with top eventer, Lucy Wiegersma and cross-country course designer, Eric Winter! Every Branch and Centre has the exactly the same chance of winning this fabulous prize by just raising £100 or more.
So please pledge now that your Branch or Centre will do its bit to protect the health of, not only our horses and ponies, but horses and ponies across the world.
Thank you in advance … Judy Edwards
The Pony Club
Animal Health Trust
Bridlewood Tack Shop & Country Clothing
Dear Flint & Denbigh Pony Club,
I would like to offer all those who are members of the Flint & Denbigh pony club discount at our tack shop. We think it is important to support the local Pony Club as we do have liveries who are apart of your Club. Is it possible you could communicate our offer on your website? We can only offer discount on items that are not already on sale, however we can offer 15% of Joules Clothing Range and 10% on any other items. We also have very competitive feed & bedding prices.
Kind Regards … Kim McKenna