We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the sport. This Branch is supporting the Area’s Respect programme to ensure equestrianism can be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment. Please remember Pony Club organised events are a time for members to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills. Winning isn’t everything.
TEAM TRAINERS decide who is in which team; please do NOT question their ability or choice. Their decision is final.
- Remember that children and young people ride & compete for FUN.
- Applaud effort & good play as well as success
- Always Respect the officials’ decisions
- Remain outside the arena and within the designated spectators Area (where provided) unless invited to do otherwise.
- Let the instructor do their job and not confuse the riders by telling them what to do.
- Encourage the riders to respect other riders, judges, stewards and officials.
- Avoid criticising a rider for making a mistake- mistakes are part of learning.
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.
Our Branch volunteers & trainers put a great deal of their unpaid time into organising training sessions & organising the teams for competitions, so please respect them & understand that not everyone can be in the ‘A’ Team.