The Flint & Denbigh Hunt Branch was established in 1946 by Mrs Meg Hotham and Mrs Annie Clegg and is part of Pony Club Area 5.

Mrs Hotham was the DC for 40 years and a member of the Williams Wynn family. She was also a Master for the Flint and Denbigh Hunt for many years and affiliated the Pony Club to the Hunt.

Mrs Hotham was very much ‘old school’ and believed that all children should have the opportunity to ride and would borrow ponies, waive camp fees and beg/borrow the best instructors in the area to teach them.

Mrs Michael Griffith, of Trefnant  became District Commissioner when Mrs M Hotham retired in the early 80s., before handing over to Mrs F. Bradshaw.

Mrs Fanny Bradshaw took over as DC in 1994 and has recently retired after 10 years in the post.

Mrs Bethan Jones is the current DC.

The branch is based around Denbigh in North Wales, but has a large catchment area. The branch due to the large catchment area is further divided in to four sub-areas, Cefn, Llanasa, Llandyrnog and Llysfaen, and each sub-area has its own committee and organises individual events.

All events are open to all members, but are located to allow more localised events within the branch.

As a branch Flint and Denbigh Hunt Branch is  a part of The Pony Club (Charity number: 1050146 ) of Great Britain and we share the following:

The Club is a voluntary youth organisation for young people interested in ponies and riding. The aims of The Club are:
– to encourage young people to ride and to learn to enjoy all kinds of sport connected with ponies and riding.
– to give instruction in riding and horsemastership and to educate Members to look after and to take proper care of animals.
– to promote the highest ideals of sportsmanship, citizenship and loyalty to create strength of character and self-discipline.

For more information about The Pony Club visit their website at www.pcuk.org