Mountain Ride this Friday
Any one wanting to join us on the Mountain Ride form Llandrillo, Nr Corwen? 2.00 pm Start on Friday 25th Aug. Please let Iona know. firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunter Trials & Tetrathlon – 9th and 10th September
Entries for Hunter Trials and Tetrathlon 9th & 10th September need to be in as soon as possible. Please do not leave your entry until last minute. Contact Iona with any queries (email@example.com).
Tanatside Beginners Express Eventing
See attachment for details:
Trio of Triathlons
For the 2017/18 winter there is a Trio of Triathlons. Each will run individually as normal, but there will also be prizes after the third competition for the best cumulative score in each class. The only complication is that each competitor must do all three triathlons in the same class. This means that any Juniors who will be Intermediate after 1st January 2018 must do the October triathlon as an Intermediate if they want to be eligible, and any Minis who will become Juniors must do all three as Juniors. Unfortunately the cumulative award can’t cater for anyone who becomes 8 between the first and last of the triathlons, due to the shooting rules.
Also new for this season: there are now three stand up targets for the bean bag throwers. Three contestants at a time will stand in front of the targets and be given similar commands to the shooters so that they all throw their bean bags at the same time. Heat times for bean bag throwing will be published along with the shooting times.
The dates for these triathlons are:
- Sunday 29th October in Mold
- Sunday 28th January in Mold
- Sunday 18th February in Ellesmere Port
The qualifier for Milton Keynes Winter Triathlon Championships will be either 28th January or 18th February.
Details and entry forms will be available nearer the dates.
If you need any shoot training before the first of the triathlons please get in touch (Area5Tetrathlon@outlook.com) and we will do our best to arrange some.
Well Done to all members who have represented Flint & Denbigh Branch at the PC Championships:
- Sophie Wilson was in the Area 5 Open Dressage mixed team. Sophie was placed 7th Individually and the Team was 2nd.
- Sophie Toogood competed at the Individual Open Show Jumping competition and was placed 4th.
- Brier Leahy was 1st and Sophie Toogood 9th in the Open Eventing while the team of Brier, Sophie, Heidi O’Brien and Catrin Evans were placed 7th overall out of 23 teams.
- Katie Davies was in the Area 5 Polocrosse mixed team. They were placed 4th.
There is already a gallery on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pg/FlintandDenbighPC/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1509962859063760 and the website http://fndponyclub.org.uk/champs-2017/
If Riders or Parents would like to send in more to be added, they would, as always be most welcomed! Please send photos to Fred (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Show Jumping Results
Super well done to the 3 girls competing in the Championship Show Jumping classes this weekend at Cholmondeley. Lily Ann Pardoe and Sali Wyn Wheway jumped in the Intermediate class and although they didn’t get placed this time both rode really well. Sophie Toogood represented the branch in the Open and had a fantastic 4th in a huge class. She also won the OAP cup!! Massive achievement: well done all.
The Area 5 competitors did really well at the Championships last weekend. A fuller report, with photos, will be on the Area 5 website soon but in the meantime here’s what there is to celebrate:
- Grassroots competition: Archie Lynch 2nd, Leah Lamb 18th
- Junior girls: Annabelle James 19th, Ella Booth 22nd, Orla Stott and Keira Booth equal 49th
- Open boys: Toby Johnson 5th, Russell Wingfield 9th