Pony Club membership renewal is due 1st February.
Please complete and sign the Gift Aid Declaration at the foot of the Renewal Form.
As a registered charity, The Pony Club is entitled to treat your subscription as a donation, and to claim back from the Inland Revenue the notional tax. On the individual subscription of £70.00, we can recover £17.50, so it is a very important source of income that helps to keep subscriptions down. You are entitled to sign the Declaration if you are an Income Tax payer or a Capital Gains Tax payer,and it will cost you absolutely nothing.
Could you all please ensure that the £3.50 Admin Fee has been added too.
Horse & Pony Care Competition
- Open to one Senior Team and one Junior Team from each Branch/Centre. Second Teams in each category may be accepted in strict order of receipt if space permits.
- Senior Team Eligibility: Three Members aged between 14 and 20 years on 1st January 2016, one of whom must be 16 or under on 1st January 2016.
- Junior Team Eligibility: Three Members 13 years and under on 1st January 2016, one of whom must be 11 or under on 1st January 2016.
- Senior Team Questions: Questions will be based on Stable Management for the C+, B, and AH Tests.
- Junior Team Questions: Questions will be based on Stable Management for the D, D+, and C Tests.
- Entry Fee: £40 per team. Entries Close: 1st February 2016.
- Dress: Competitors should dress in the appropriate manner suitable for safe working in the stable environment; jodhpurs, shirt/tie, jumper and coat. Please bring riding hats and gloves.
- Scoring: There will be a points allocation per section. Points will also be given for turnout and approach.
Please contact Rachel Davies ASAP if you are interested in representing Flint & Denbigh (email@example.com).
Llanasa Grid Training
Llanasa have grid training at Highfield Livery this Sunday morning. Please contact Jude (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like a space.
Paul Davies Dressage Clinic Sunday 24th January 2016 at Fferm, Bodelwyddan
There are spaces for Sunday’s clinic at Bodelwyddan. Cost is £15 for 45min. Please contact Jane (07890 107492 or email@example.com) if you would like a space.
Rally at Fferm
A few slots are remaining for the rally at Fferm, Bodelwyddan, on Wednesday 27th January with Toni Proffitt. Please contact Aloma (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book a space.
Flint & Denbigh Winter League Show Jumping
Please contact Aloma before this Sunday 24th January if you would like to compete at our competition in Northop on Sunday 31st January (email@example.com).
Winter League Dressage 7th Feb
Please find attached the schedule and entry form for Burton Cheshire Forest Hunt’s Winter League Dressage on 7th February at Northop.
Cheshire Hunt North Arena Eventing
Please find attached the schedule for the Arena eventing competition at Forest Gate Farm on 6th March 2016. The classes are the same as last year.
Area 5 Dates
|23/02/2016||Safeguarding Course £20 Booking Form on PC website.||7.00 pm||Cefn|
|Tues 26th Jan||‘B’ Stable Management. £7. Names to Aloma. firstname.lastname@example.org .||Hendrerwydd Farm.|
|Thurs 11th Feb||‘B’ Stable Management. £7. Names to Aloma. email@example.com .|
|Mon 15th Feb||‘B’ Stable Management. £7. Names to Aloma. firstname.lastname@example.org .|
|Tues 23rd Feb||‘B’ Stable Management. £7. Names to Aloma. email@example.com Booking Form Attached.|
|Fri 25th March||B Test Care Study Workshop. £20. Names to Debbie. firstname.lastname@example.org||10.00 am – 2.00 pm||Dyfnog|
|Tues 29th March||‘B’ Stable Management. £7. Names to Aloma. email@example.com .|
|Mon 4th April||B Test Care Exam. Names to Debbie. firstname.lastname@example.org||Dyfnog|
|Tues 5th April||Arena Eventing with Richard Carruthers. £15. Names to Meg Green. Megww@aol.com||First group 2pm||Forest Gate Farm. Delamere|
|April||Lunging Test Workshop & Dressage & XC Rally TBC. Names to Debbied.email@example.com||Kelsall Hill|
Pony Club Test Information
The Tests are:
- D recommended age 8 years (The Road Rider Mini Achievement Badge is a pre-requisite before taking the D Test (and D+))
- D+ recommended age 10 years
- C recommended age 11 years (Before being awarded the C Test certificate, candidates must have trained for and passed The Pony Club’s Road Rider Achievement Badge or The Pony Club Road Rider Test or the BHS Riding and Road Safety Test)
- C+ recommended age 14 years (Before C+ Test the Pony Club Road Rider Test (for members age 12 years & over) or the BHS Riding & Road Safety Test must be achieved)
- B Test minimum age 15 years
If you are wanting to take any tests next year please ensure you have the correct Road Rider Badge or Test – dates for these will be on the Fixture List. Please book in early so that Instructors have full information to arrange the times, etc.
If any of you have achieved a total of 14 mini badges or 21 main badges, please contact Iona (firstname.lastname@example.org) as you are eligible for a Gold Achievement Badge.
Instructors’ Conferences: Coaching Cross Country Through The Levels
Nick Gauntlett FBHS will be delivering this year’s Annual Coaching Conferences. Nick is an International event rider who has completed multiple CCI 4* events, and has recently been awarded his Fellowship of the BHS, rated as one of the highest coaching qualifications in the world. Nick is a proud Pony Club A Test holder, and a Pony Club Discipline Specific Eventing Coach, and we are excited to have him delivering this year’s conference. Following the launch of the new Introduction to Coaching Cross Country course by The Pony Club Training Committee, Nick will be sharing ideas on cross country coaching techniques and exercises for Pony Club Members of all ages and abilities.
This conference will count as a CPD refresher for Pony Club, BHS and BE coaches but is open to anybody to attend.
- Thursday 18th February – Hartpury College, Gloucestershire – Enter Online Here
- Tuesday 5th April – Bishop Burton College, East Yorkshire – Enter Online Here
Tickets are £30 per person