Open Day at Wynnstay
Thank you to all the F&D members who supported the Raffle at the Open Day at Wynnstay St Asaph last Saturday.
Also a BIG thank you to all the parents who helped at the TryB4UBuy day and our WL Dressage at Hope the previous weekend.
Cancellations and non-attendaance
Could I ask all members to be a little more considerate if you find that you need to cancel ANY event you have already booked & committed to. The organizer will have spent time booking Instructors and arranging venues, badges, timetables and preparing for that event on the numbers booked in, to cancel last minute is not acceptable, a minimum 24 hours notice is needed please. It may mean that loosing 2/3 people from that event makes it no longer viable to run and if prior notice had been received the event could have been cancelled or postponed. If you have booked into an event and have not received any details from the organizer please give them a ring or email to check that it is still running, do not assume that it is not.
A little consideration makes every ones job a lot easier and keeps us all happy.
Thanks Iona Pierce
Flint and Denbigh Calendar
Could you put out a request in your weekly update for:
Quality photo’s of F&D Pony Club Dressage/Hunting/Easter/Xmas activities to be included in the 2011 F&D Pony Club fundraising calendar, if you have any high quality photo’s of these activities showing F&D members in action from events and competitions of 2010 please e-mail them asap (Wednesday 10th November preferably), for inclusion in a very special calendar of your members activities. If you have any photo’s of the activities mentioned please forward to the following e-mail address; email@example.com
The calendar is being put together to contribute to the fundraising efforts of the F&D PC , the calendar is being created by Peter Owen Photography with the help of contributions from the many photographers professional or not who attend and record the many facets of the Pony Club. The aim is to portray all of the various activities that the Pony Club caters for, but we are short of images from the disciplines mentioned above. So, if you have any and they must be of high quality (sharp/well exposed) then please forward to the e-mail address shown above.
Please e-mail any pics at a minimum resolution of 1024x800pixels. (ie: don’t shrink them for e-mailing too much) and we don’t need hundreds, just a few from each of those disciplines of good quality which show the great thing the P/C is.
Many Thanks… Peter
Winter League Show Jumping
Please send your cheques to me asap for the Dwyfor WLSJ competition on 27.11.10 and Burton Cheshire Forests on 05.12.10
Many thanks … Chris
General Information PLEASE READ
Our teams had a fantastic Winter League last season and fingers crossed for the same or better this season!
|Class One (Juniors)||2ft 3||10 years & under|
|Class Two (Novice)||2ft 6||13 years & under|
|Class Three (Intermediate)||2ft 9||Any age|
|Class Four (Open)||3ft 3||Any age|
- Any member can represent the branch, providing the combination of pony and rider have done 3 working rallies. & at least 3 SJ training sessions.
- Dates and venues of the various competitions can be found on the Winter League page on the branch website, and is included with your newsletter. Please note that not all the competitions have been confirmed yet, and dates may change. It is very important that you keep checking the website for updated information about the competitions.
- Entries are made on a branch basis and are submitted to the organising branch in teams. It is necessary, therefore, for you to send your entry to Chris Leahy and not the organising branch . Entry details – cost, who to make the cheque payable to, and closing date – will be displayed on the website ahead of each fixture. It would be advisable to send your cheque as soon as the details appear on the website, rather than waiting until the last minute, as no entry will be accepted unless a cheque has been received.
- To enter just send your details , not forgetting to say which class(es) you are entering. Send your completed form, with cheque, to Chris Leahy, Derwen Fawr, Milwr,Holywell. CH8 8HE
- The date for the branch to enter each competition is usually 10 days prior to the show date but bear in mind that the entry has to get there in the post! Therefore cheques need to be received well in advance, our closing date will be displayed on the website. If your entry and cheque is not with Chris by the closindg date, you will not be entered and cannot compete.
- Teams will be selected by the trainer for those members who enter. Those who are not selected for a team will compete as individuals.
- All information regarding teams, course walk times etc, will be displayed on the website,.
- NO ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN VERBALLY – YOU MUST SEND AN ENTRY and no entries will be accepted without a cheque.
- Numbers permitting per Class – members may ride 2 ponies, however, only 1 can be ridden in a Winter League team.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Chris.
Many thanks … Bethan Jones (DC)
Winter League Dressage
Please find attached the Schedule and Entry Form for our Cheshire Hunt North Branch Dengie Dressage Preliminary Round which is to be held at Huntersgate, Byley on 28th November 2010. The closing date for entries is 21st November. I would be grateful if you could put the information on your websites.
Many thanks … Loulie Secker
Please be aware that we have been able to re-arrange our EAST CHESHIRE Dengie Winter League Dressage at Huntersgate, Byley on Thursday 30th December 2010
Please put the date in your diaries – further details to follow.
D & D+ stable management and Horse and Pony care competition training
Monday 22nd November – 6.30 – 8pm at Hendre £4
This session will be theory based indoors and will based on games to help the members learn. Numbers limited.
Contact Chrissie 07863108975 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We have now fixed a date for the AH Test which is to be April 19th. 2011. It is to be held at Coachmans Riding School, Sychdyn, Nr. Mold.
Please could you inform your candidates of the date and make sure they keep it free! There will be 8 places so in the New Year it will be a case of book early to avoid disappointment!
Application forms need to be signed by the DC and sent to Jenny Bennoy. Keepers Cottage. Whitecroft Heath Road. Lower Withington. Cheshire. SK11 9DF
We will try and put on another study day in early Spring for a bit of a brush up!
Pony Club Stocks
If any of you are considering buying a new stock for Hunting or as a present for a Pony Club member for Christmas we have a supply of the F&D Pony Club stocks available. Could I also ask you to get your orders in early for PC Jackets, Sweatshirts & Saddlecloths if you are giving them as Christmas presents.
Thanks … Iona
Mini Badges & Achievement Badges
Please let me know if you have 21 Achievement Badges or all 14 Mini Badges as you will qualify for a Gold Award or if you have the 10 listed below.
Blue Cross Equine Welfare Merit …
… is awarded to Members who have attained 10 welfare-related badges:
- Bandaging & Rugs,
- Care of the Horse’s Foot,
- First Aid (Equine),
- Handling & Grooming,
- Mucking Out,
- Perfect Paddock,
- Saddlery and